Fwd: Roadmap for AbiWord 3.0

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 01:57:57 CET

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin Sevior <msevior@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Roadmap for AbiWord 3.0
To: "J.M. Maurer" <uwog@uwog.net>

HI Marc,
           Thanks for starting this discussion. I'm pretty confident
that the new PT can be merged relatively quickly. This is the lognpt
branch. The remaining bugs in the new PT can removed pretty quickly I
think.

Unfortunately the new table branch will be much harder to get bug
free. There is also work on getting much more precise table controls
and features including vertical positioning of cells.

Also we currently have expandable text boxes but no UI and people
interested in other new features for which we have bounties from
NLnet. (borders/shading, metadata). Are we going to try get these into
3.0?

I agree that it would be great to improve the win32 themeing. AbiWord
looks very dated on win32.