AbiWord on Cocoa

From: W. Michael Petullo <mike_at_flyn.org>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 04:02:59 CET

A few months ago (or perhaps longer) there was talk of the revitalization
of the Cocoa port of AbiWord. Since then there has been a bug (#12446)
submitted and fixed with respect to compiling on Snow Leopard. I have
even downloaded and compiled 2.8.6 on Snow Leopard + MacPorts. However,
when I run AbiWord, it does not display anything. I poked around in the
main function and confirmed it gets to the point where it hands control
over to Cocoa. But after this happens, AbiWord just stalls on the
command line and never does anything.

Is anyone using AbiWord on Snow Leopard?

--
Mike
:wq