Re: Nice Write activity improvements

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 27 2010 - 05:47:24 CET

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo@laptop.org> wrote:

> I want share with you a list of improvements I think would be great
> have in Write:
>
> * Spell checker: probably is not very difficult. I tried modifying the
> keybindings.xml file
> but could not show only the spell checker suggestions and not all the menus.

We would have to have some explicit code in libabiword to have
spelling suggestions. I think I know what to do but it will require
expanding the pyabiword bindings and hence won't be available until we
make the next abiword major release.

> If we can change the language would be a great tool to learn a second language.
>
> * Abiword support showing text from different members in a sharing
> session in different colors.
> Can we use it in Write?

This should be automatic with version 2.8. Have you tried it?

> * Change the background color: supported in Abiword nut not in Write.

I'll look into this.

> * Annotations: probably not easy, but a wonderful tool to teachers.

Can you suggest a User Interface for this? This has been a stumbling
block for implementing this feature.

> * Update the F11 rpms: Is possible compile the last
> abiword/libabiword/pyabiword in F11
> or there are changes/dependencies we can't resolve? Is it worth?

Maybe uwog knows whether this is possible?

> Ideas? Advices?

These are all ideas. I'll help as I can.