Using Boost in AbiWord core

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Sun Oct 24 2010 - 13:44:06 CEST

Hi All,

I noticed that Ben used Boost[1] shared pointers in his RDF code. Since
we already require Boost for various important plugins, I see no point
in not allowing boost in AbiWord's core code (ie. anything that is not a
plugin).

If you want to use new boost parts in your own code, then dropping a
line here on the mailing list would probably be a good idea. As long as
we only use the stuff from boost that doesn't drag in new runtime
dependencies, I think we'll be fine.

If anyone is against using boost in core, then I'd suggest speaking up
now :)

Cheers!
  Marc

[1] http://www.boost.org/