Re: Request for review of changes in Write

From: Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo_at_laptop.org>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 15:01:12 CEST

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo@laptop.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the review!
>

>>> 4) Change the mode of insert image to "in place". Fix OLPC #7405 and OLPC #3066
>>>

>> I'm not the least bit sure you want this behaviour. If you do this, it
>> will be impossible to make text wrap around images, which is what
>> users have come to expect from Write. I suggest instead you implement
>> a UI to convert a wrapped text image to an image in place.

I can add a checkbox in a palette to enable inserting the image in
place or floating.
May be is not very discoverable, but will be a solution to the user.

A strange thing is, if the image was inserted with the floating
parameter in true, the events image-selected and
selection-cleared are not triggered. Is this expected?

Gonzalo