Re: Localization filenames

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <kk.pradeeban_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 05 2011 - 11:50:08 CET

I am not sure about how useful this change will be. For instance,
though some language may remain with one locale[1] at the moment,
later other locales may also be implemented, hence LL_CC remains the
natural choice.

For eg, if you take Tamil (ta), currently it remains as ta-IN
(Tamil-India), where I can see a possibility of ta-LK (Tamil-Sri
Lanka) localization too at some point (I initially started working on
it, but couldn't make a considerable progress on it).

Most of the languages are translated considering the locale in mind.
Hence removing the country code from the files will just drop that
information off.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locale

Regards,
Pradeeban.