Re: Perl Module for AbiWord

From: Hal Vaughan <hal_at_halblog.com>
Date: Sat Jan 15 2011 - 04:23:15 CET

On Jan 12, 2011, at 2:56 AM, Ben Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 09:23 +0600, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov wrote:
>> 2011/1/12 Hal Vaughan <hal@halblog.com>:
>>>
>>> I have a Perl library I've just finished that makes it easy to use
>> AbiCommand from Perl and it also facilitates using Abiword from the
>> command line, through Perl.
>>>
>>> This makes it easy to use mailmerge, document conversions, printing,
>> and even the editing available in AbiCommand from a Perl program.
>>>
>>> I'd say it's a bit past beta, but I haven't been able to test all
>> possible combinations of uses on it yet.
>>>
>>> Is this something useful for others? Is there a place where, once
>> it's done, I can upload it and is there a place I could upload it for
>> those who might want to test it out?
>>>

>>> Hal
>>
>> Hi
>> I think, github.com would be a good place to keep sources
>>

> Or perhaps in the main svn repo? I'm also very interested in this as I'm
> using abiword in command line from Perl in some unit tests that I
> have/am creating.

The only problem with that is that I'm totally self-taught and am still trying to grasp the concept of any kind of svn system. (I just save older versions with a -1, -2, and so on at the end of a file and have never needed anything else.)

For now, I can put a page for it on my blog website until I figure out svn or cvs or anything similar.

Hal