Re: Enchant on OS X

From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jun 19 2011 - 08:14:29 CEST

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano@fidencio.org> wrote:

> Hi there :-)
>
> Dom, it's specially for you :-)
>
> Our friend, dwayne from translate.org.za is trying to use enchant to
> deploy an OS X interface for Virtaal
> (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index).
> However, to build enchant with Apple Spell support isn't an intuitive
> or documented stuff :-\
>
> I'm in in any effort to help enchant to build/work easily on OS X,
> but, for this, I need some tricks about what it. :-)
> (at least, to include an --eanble-applespell on configure)
>
> I really think that our friend would love to help us with this effort :-)
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> Fabiano Fidêncio

If you can help the fine folks from translate.org.za, that would be
very, very nice. I'm a huge fan of Virtaal (I've just installed the
latest 0.7.0 Ubuntu ppa) and anything that helps Virtaal reach a wider
audience will advance the cause of improved software localization.

cjl
Sugar Labs / OLPC / eToys Pootle admin