Re: More Widespread Adoption of Enchant ...

From: Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu_at_sugarlabs.org>
Date: Fri Sep 23 2011 - 10:24:37 CEST

Hi all,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 08:25, Kevin Atkinson <kevina@gnu.org> wrote:

> 3) In general no one sounds really interested in my proposal.

FWIW, after reading this thread I have been convinced that a single
spell-checking engine won't be enough if we want both broad and high
quality language support, and thus something like Enchant could play
an important role in the free desktop.

My suggestion would be to identify groups of people that aren't
satisfied with the current state of spell checking, and start drafting
with them a better future of spell checking.

> 1) The original author of the Enchant library has given up on said
> library.

I can understand Dom when he says that his itches are well scratched
by something else, and of course, maintainers need to work on whatever
motivates them.

> 2) You have people like Urmas who is obviously trying to start a
> flame war with me.

I have been saddened by his posts, I guess he doesn't realize the
effect that his words can have. It's really a shame that we have to
stand such abuse.

Regards,

Tomeu