Re: ib - r30836 - abiword/trunk/src/wp/ap/xp

From: Hubert Figuière <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2012 - 03:40:09 CEST

On 21/04/12 03:00 PM, Simon Larochelle wrote:

> Since our code uses UTF8, UCS4 and even UCS2 encoding, are we assuming
> that all std::string are UTF8 encoded?

In short yes. But the question is trickier as there is nothing to
enforce this.

But most of the time I see an UT_UTF8String to store an utf-8 encoded
string and nothing else. Which is what is happening here.

On the todo list to get rid of UT_UTF8String is a couple of utility
functions to convert back and forth to UCS, and maybe some UTF-8
iterator strings which I believe shouldn't be as we should be using UCS
in that case.

If you have doubt don't hesitate to ask.

Hub