Re: GSoC project

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <kk.pradeeban_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2012 - 22:22:29 CEST

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Nacho Amelivia <ohcan2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm José Ignacio Amelivia, a final year computer engenieering in UAH (Spain).
> I'm interested in participating on this year GSoC and this project has
> some interesting features to work on.

Welcome to AbiWord.

> I took a look at the ideas page and at some of the other student
> proposals and it seems that no one applied for the docx format support
> yet.
> I'm willign to apply for this idea, but since there is no priority
> information on the ideas page, I really won't mind working on any
> other kind of stuff if it's more important and unassigned.

There is no such priority among the ideas. All the ideas proposed in
the ideas page are of high priority, and also have an interested
mentor assigned to. Hence, feel free to apply to whichever you prefer.

> I would like to read some code and see if I can fix something before
> making my formal application

Sure. Once you have completed the additional requirement mentioned in
[1], you can start looking into the AbiWord bugzilla for some known
bugs.

Pls note that the student application period has begun. That means,
you can apply at anytime. It is encouraged to apply early, and you can
keep improving your application, till the last minute.

> Thanks

[1] http://www.abisource.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2012#Additional_Requirements

Thank you.
Regards,