Re: build Abiword on Mac

From: Kousik Kumar <kousikkumar771_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun May 05 2013 - 17:30:17 CEST

Currently it builds but there is too much lag while using it. There is
a script called "build_osx_release.py" in the tools directory. It is
"supposed" to give a universal executable but it still has plenty of
bugs. You can read the script to get an overview of the entire
process.

In short, yes, you have to install MacPorts and get the above
dependancies. And then you can configure and compile it as mentioned
in http://www.abisource.com/wiki/Compiling_AbiWord_on_Mac.