Re: Intent to release 3.0.1

From: <perditionc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 23 2014 - 15:50:45 CET

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Jean Bréfort
<jean.brefort@normalesup.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You don't need to assert in the getColor3D method, just returning false
> should work. Note that I think we should have implemented this default
> behavior (as was done for the CairoNull_Graphics class instead of
> having a pure virtual method).
>
> Cheers,
> Jean

Thanks, I had not had a chance to review where it is used.

> Le dimanche 23 novembre 2014 à 00:06 -0500, perditionc@gmail.com a
> écrit :

>> > If you don't mind doing it with the current 3.0 branch I'm willing to
>> > wait for feedback making sure we release 3.0.1 that you can build for
>> > Windows - in case something got broken.
>> >
>> > Thank you kindly.
>> >
>> > Hub
>> >

>> I am still working on a successful Windows build; the attached patch
>> was what I needed to apply to get a completed build, however I am
>> still tracking down what went wrong as the program fails to start due
>> to a manifest sxs issue.
>>
>> Jeremy

This is an updated patch, it removes the assert and fixes the failure
to start. I am building with MSVC 2010 pro on Windows 7; the manifest
version needs to be W.X.Y.Z form (the W.X.Y form is being flagged as
an invalid value and aborting startup).

I am still testing to ensure no major issues with build and I have
only started checking if dependencies are up to date. With the
attached fixes (or similar) it should be fine to tag the release and
get a Windows build.

Jeremy