Next Abiword release?

From: Jeremy Bicha <jbicha_at_ubuntu.com>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2016 - 04:26:42 CEST

It's been about a year and a half since the last Abiword release. I'm
not an Abiword developer but I do help package it for Debian and
Ubuntu. I'd like to see a new Abiword stable release soon, at least
before the end of the year.

This would fit with Debian's release cycle. Debian is freezing for
their next release at the end of the year [1].

There's been quite a few bug fixes posted to the 3.0 stable series but
wihout a new release, distros don't really take advantage of many of
them. Debian has cherry-picked over a dozen patches but that's still
only a fraction of the work that's been committed.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha

[1]https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/07/msg00002.html