Re: Rolling display

From: R P Herrold <herrold_at_owlriver.com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2018 - 23:41:11 CET

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018, Hubert Figuière wrote:

> I *believe* the proper fix is to remove any drawing code from GR_Caret
> (done out of the actually drawing loop) and have it all done in the
> document redraw. Just need to find some time to do it as it is not trivial.

I take this to mean as a matter of meta-code:

SET a 're-draw wanted' semaphore whenever exiting the
GR_Caret code with a 'change in document' state

ALSO: SET a 're-draw wanted' semaphore every 1/10 second AND
abiword has focus (to keep the screen fresh and to let 'caret'
'pulseing' or flashing on and off to appear)

ALSO: SET a 're-draw wanted' semaphore whenever any process or
sub-process of abiword 'gets focus' (mostly to handle the
start up case, but also 'just because')

then, in the 'document redraw' code, test the 're-draw wanted'
semaphore, and when it is set, ... redraw

-- Russ herrold