AbiWord 0.3.0

Adrian Miranda (ade@psg.com)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:27:42 -0800 (PST)

Well, I've been trying AbiWord 0.3.0 on Solaris 2.51, compiling with
egcs 1.1, gtk 1.1.3, X11R5. Keeps looking better!

It appears to build correctly without any modification. A definite
improvement!

There is no cursor however. In 0.1.6, the cursor didn't appear until
I started typing, with 0.3 it never appears.

Very odd and difficult to reproducable results with fonts. The
default font is "Times New Roman", but it never appears in the drop
down list? When I switch to a different font, it sometimes (not
always) seems to switch back to Times New Roman after I hit <RETURN>.
If I try helvetica 14, and 14 bold, it seems reasonable. But when I
switch to helvetica 16, it is always using bold, whether the bold
button is selected or no. (In your debugging messages, it might be
useful to print the actual X font in use, if that's possible.)

Hitting the right mouse button seems to cause an immediate segment
fault.

Sometimes (unreproducable so far) when I'm trying to select some text,
it will do an assert error. Of course, I didn't write it down, and
now I can't reproduce it...

Thanks for all your work, let me know if I can tell you more.

Adrian