Re: Looking Great!

Brian E.W. Wood (beww@intac.com)
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 01:27:17 -0500 (EST)

On 03-Dec-98 Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Brian E.W. Wood wrote:

>> strlen () at ../sysdeps/alpha/strlen.S:46
>> ./sysdeps/alpha/strlen.S:46: No such file or directory.
>> Current language: auto; currently asm
>> (gdb)
>>
>> This has me very confused as I can't find any directory called sysdeps
>> anyplace
>> on my system. OTOH I never claimed to be a programmer.
> From the look of things, something went wrong with strlen() in your
> libc: gdb couldn't find the source file strlen.S that the debugging
> information in the libc library pointed to.

Agreed. Bear in mind that the ABI folks are using the latest debian release of
linux/axp and I am using an updated RH 5.0 version. I agree with ABI that
debian is a better release but I am trying to run parallel versions on intel,
alpha and sparc platforms and at this time only RH can do that.

The libc/glibc ie: libc5/libc6 wars have just about become theological, and, as
such, defeat normal logic.

The real question at this point is: are the abi folks having the same trouble or
is this problem related to my own personal installation? I'd be willing to try
debian if abi prints with it :-)

Such major thrusts forward have happened in the last few days that I am
inclined to just sit back and see what happens with the cvs releases in the
next few days.

Besides, my Mom is visiting here in NYC (from Wyoming) and that is taking up
most if not all of my "free" (ie: "play-with-the-computers") time :-(

Always nice to see Mom though.

---
Brian E.W. Wood  beww@intac.com