Re: Font sizing stopped working

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Sun, 01 Nov 1998 12:57:36 -0800

At 03:15 PM 11/1/98 -0500, Brian E.W. Wood wrote:
>Initially characters appeared the same size on screen regardless of the font
>size that was selected. In later versions the fints appears in the correct
>relative size.
>
>Now with the new font selection window I am back to everything appearing the
>same size.

Just to be clear about the problem you're reporting.

1. Documents with different font sizes (see abi/src/wp/samples) should
display correctly, ie, in different sizes. If not, that's a new problem we
need to look into.

2. However, I expect that you currently can't use the cool new GTK font
dialog to change the font size (or anything else) in *your* documents,
because the last time I checked, it isn't hooked up yet. You can confirm
this by either looking at the saved documents -- the XML is pretty easy to
read -- or by looking at the _chooseFont() functions in the DLGHACK section
at the bottom of abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp

>Paul: Looks like your changes didn't make last night's cvs update. I saw just
>one minor change from the previous day.

Thanks for checking. Then it should be in tonight's update instead.

Paul