Re: Testing AbiWord 0.1.4

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:08:33 -0600

At 12:46 PM 10/30/98 +0200, Jarmo Karvonen wrote:

>Looks good so far, but
>1. I can't type scandinavian letters like ä, ö and å (Ä,Ö and Å)
> and other 8-bit character.

This is probably because I didn't add any bindings for any of
the 8-bit characters (see the comment at the bottom of
abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LoadBindings_Default.cpp), I was getting
a bit bleary-eyed at the time...

Also, I don't have an european keyboard, so I couldn't test it anyway...

Could you do a quick test for me ?? Add an entry at the bottom
of that table for one of the scandinavian characters, something
like: {0x??, { "insertData", "","","" }}, and let me know if it
works. If so, I'll dig thru a Latin-1 chart and add the whole set.
If not, please email me (privately) a copy of the debug log, so I
can see what's being generated. Big thanks.

>2. I but bold on in text then i din't know who to stop it?
> Is there plan how this must work?

Right now, we have the formatting of a newly inserted character
taking on the formatting characteristics of the character to the
left. This will be easier to see (and deal with) when we have
the toolbar. In the current tarball, we've concentrated on getting
the formatting turned on. In the last few days, we've been working
on toggling and etc., so what you're seeing will get better soon.

>3. When i was playing round it i lose cursor and some bugs (tots)
> stay in screen.

yes, we have some screen "dirt" especially with italic fonts and
the XOR logic beind the cursor and selection sometimes gets confused....

>Saving format looks good!!
>
>Jarmo Karvonen

thanks
jeff