Re: what do you think?

J. Patrick Narkinsky (patrick@narkinsky.ml.org)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:20:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Paul Rohr wrote:

> I presume from the deafening silence on this list since Friday that
> everyone's deliriously happy with the new source drop, and busily digesting
> all the cool new code.
>
> Right? :-)

Oh... ABSOLUTELY. *grin* In all seriousness, I downloaded it, compiled
it (but was unable to compile it with wxWindows -- I suspect i need the
CVS version of it). It seems to work okay. There is still a lot of work
to be done obviously: right now, its more a mock-up than usable.

The one positive thing I did notice was that the editing widget seems to
be very responsive compared to some of the other X-based WP's/Editors I've
used. It just feels quick. If we can preserve that while adding layout
features, it would be nice.

In fact, on a whole the app _felt_ surprisingly clean. Hard to tell with
so little functionality.

> - Is anonymous CVS access working well for you?

Yeah...

> - What do you think of AbiSpec and the proposed development milestones?

I haven't really looked at it yet.

Patrick

You use a Windows Machine and the golden rule is: Save, and save
often. It's scary how people have grown used to the idea that
computers are unreliable when it's not the computer at all -- it's the
operating system that just doesn't cut it. -- Linus Torvalds