Re: win98 build instructions?

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 16:28:37 -0700

At 06:59 PM 4/8/99 -0400, Kervin wrote:
>Are there build instructions out there for win98? (I'd be happy to do
>them if I could get this stuff to compile)

The current build instructions for Win95/NT/98 are at the bottom of the
downloads page:

http://www.abisource.com/dev_download.phtml

Note that to date, we've only built the Win32 version using VC5, although
we've had reports of success using VC6 on Win98. As the instructions state:
"Decoupling from VC++ may not be a trivial task, but we would welcome anyone
who wants to try it."

As for libpng and zlib, the easiest way to build them on Win32 is to grab
the zipfiles from our downloads directory, which have modified makefiles to
make them easy to build using the Abi make system.

Hope that helps.

Paul