Re: Problem with fonts

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 14:11:04 -0500

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 06:49:30PM +0000, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> Umh I got a problem with AbiWord not finding my abiword fonts :( It
> worked fine in 0.5.2 but when I upgraded to 0.5.3 it just pops up a
> screen whith cant find fonts in the following paths .. but it doesnt
> mention the path I set with the abiword fonts variable in my profile ..
> what might my problem be? Did anything with fontpath finding change from
> 0.5.2 to 0.5.3? Please help!

No font finding logic changed between 0.5.2 and 0.5.3, but the way
the lookup path is set might have. You will want to make
sure you are not editing the _builtin_ scheme but your own
copy of it in your profile; the _builtin_ scheme is never read for
user preference values, it's just there for user reference until we have
some dialogs for customizing settings. Copy the _builtin_ block into your
own, change the name of it, and reference the new one in the Select
block.

--
Shaw Terwilliger