Re: vi again

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:12:46 -0400

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> btw, how many keys are there like c,d,y which have a set of motion
> keys following them ??
>
> >Right now I have $,(,),/,0,?,A,D,G,I,O,P,X,Y,[,],^,a,e,h,i,j,k,l,n,o,p,r
> >u,w,x,{, and }. As well as prefix keys c,d,and y operating on motions
> >^,$,(,),b,w,[,and ]. These correspond to beginning and end of
> >line, sentence, word, and block, respectively. Is this too much? ok? not
> >enough?

I would add:

shift | -> move to the beginning of line
d xx d -> cut/delete xx number of lines (default to 1 line) to buffer
y xx y -> copy xx number of lines (default to 1 line) to buffer

Without a doubt some of my more used vi commands.

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf