Re: BeOS build hangs soon after calling make

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 01:23:55 -0400

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> i did all the x86 BeOS mods directly on the platform
> using first VI and then emacs.
>
> i know this sounds strange, but it seemed like the BeOS
> version of VI was messing with things. i'd hack on one
> of the makefiles to add a file or something and the next
> time i'd run make, i'd get a make error on the continuation
> lines because of a CR.
>
> does VI on x86 BeOS add CR's ??

Can't speak for x86, but both should be LF only (standard
Unix fare) and I don't know why the x86 vi would be behaving
any different. I haven't had any problems on the source
that got updated so perhaps people were using the tarball,
which I think might have had other problems.

Thomas