Re: You have a word processor. We have a database.

Corey D. Steffen (corey@abisource.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:21:11 -0500

Hi Bob,

We are in the early stages of planning a database application
for our office suite. In some areas, our initial design plans
and Quicklist seem to have alot in common - such as being
non-relational and non-SQL. One difference would be that all
of our products in the suite need to be cross-platform, and
as such we have developed a cross-platform framework that we
would like to use for all of our applications.

We are always interested in working closely with other open
source projects. We'll download QuickList and give it a
look.

Thanks!

Corey D. Steffen corey@abisource.com
Software Artisan http://www.abisource.com
AbiSource, Inc.

At 01:09 PM 4/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>We (www.quicklist.org) are releasing our 0.4.0 today. gtk
>is the gui. There are four of us working on it (only me
>full time), and I expect that we will be 1.0.0 by May
>31st.
>
>Your page says that AbiWord is the first part of an office
>suite. Should we explore some sort of combination?
>
>Our goal is to have an entry level package like MS Works,
>not a full featured package like Office.
>
>In the meantime, I'll download AbiWord and see what it looks
>like.
>
>Bob Lissner
>Reno Nevada USA
>
>--