Re: Default language

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 14:11:25 -0500

Fredrik Liljegren wrote:

> As a default, AbiWord looks on a linux system for the file
> /usr/lib/ispell/american.hash
>
> I'm not certain if this is a debian thing, but on my system a link
> /usr/lib/ispell/default.hash exists, as a pointer to my systems
> default. Couldn't that be used instead?

you can also change this by hand-editing your preferences file.
look in ~/.AbiSuite/AbiWord.Profile

change both occurences of _builtin_ to custom and then you can
change the pathname to and the name of the dictionary that will
be loaded.

> BTW, is there any way of making 'é' (e with apostrophe) in AbiWord?
> It doesn't act on my multi-key at all!

yes, this key (e-acute (0xe9)) should work (as should all other
keys which expand to a Latin-1 character). which platform (unix
or win32) are you on. if on unix, how do you have your dead-chars
set ? if on win32, which keyboard layout do you have set ?
do any of the other accented (Latin-1) characters work or not work ?
are you using a key bound to dead_acute followed by e or do you
actually have a key bound to e-acute ?

does AbiWord do nothing (like the key is being ignored) or does it do
something, but just not draw it (like the font is missing the glyph) ?

open the sample document abi/test/wp/Latin1.abw and see if you
get all of the Latin-1 characters drawn.

open a new document, type some chars and the e-acute and save it
to disk. open the document with a text-editor and see if it's
there.

this should work, so if you could provide some more details maybe
i can help you track it down.

jeff