Re: Cant open ANY word95 documents

mek (mek@antenna.nl)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 20:25:36 +0200

> >I have tried AbiWord 0.7.4, which is supposed to be able to open word
> >documents. I have tried the very simplest word documents with no sucess at
> >all. I have included an example of such document.
> >
> >Is this a problem on only my system ?????

i have the same problem on my redhat60
i get the error while importing document doc file message

in the xterm at the meantoime i get this:

[rodehoed@antarctica rodehoed]$ abiword
wvError: (laolareplace.old.c:130) File looks like a plain text file.
wvError: (laolareplace.old.c:130) File looks like a plain text file.
wvError: (laolareplace.old.c:130) File looks like a plain text file.
wvError: (laolareplace.old.c:130) File looks like a plain text file.

but i even tried .rtf and .txt

oh yes by the way i tried word97 documents...

mek