Re: Equations

Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Tue, 03 Aug 1999 23:22:50 -0700

I would suggest they be created in some other program then rendered into a
_vector_ graphic interchange format that contains the original source data as
hidden data that won't appear visually in the document but do appear when the
graphic is pasted back into the app that created it.

That way you don't have to suck some huge equation editor into AbiWord, you
can use the equation editor of your choice and just paste in pictures. To
edit the equation, copy it out to the clipboard and paste it into your
equation editor.

That way you can use LaTex on Unix and I can use the very nice GUI
Expressionist on the Mac and we can all work together.

I'd be very sad if I had to download LaTex just to print an Abiword document
with some equations - or even worse, if Abiword actually contained the LaTex
code linked in.

Yours for Modular Applications,

Mike
crawford@goingware.com

--
Michael D. Crawford
 GoingWare - Expert Software Development and Consulting

Geometric Visions - the Art and Music of Michael David Crawford http://www.geometricvisions.com michael@geometricvisions.com

Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow