Re: Cant open ANY word95 documents

Ian Phillips (ianp@tibco.com)
Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:56:05 +0100

Hi,

I'm seeing this problem with any Word docs (mostly from Word 8.0). My platform
is Solaris 2.7 running on a Sparc Ultra1. The error message I get on the console
is:

wvError: (laolareplace.old.c:130) File looks like a plain text file.

this may be a system thing however, since when I do a "file file_to_open.doc" I
get "file_to_open.doc: text". The same file gives me an error on WindowsNT 4.0
SP5 though.

If anybody wants me to email them a few samples files I'm having problems with
then I can do, I'll not post them to the list since it'll be about 200K and
that's not too nice over slow dial-up links :-)

Yours,
Ian.

--
#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.