Re: Bug #471 (Word files on NT4)

Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Mon, 09 Aug 1999 09:11:20 +0100 (IST)

On 08-Aug-99 Justin Bradford wrote:

>In CVS, someone has recently modified it to not even bother with the
>isprint test block. That version should work, too. I figure Caolan should
>make the final decision on how to handle this (keep the isprint test
>[using setlocale] or just remove the block [it is just a sanity check]?).

yeah, the cvs one dispenses with the isprint check until after it is proved
not to be an ole file, and then just uses isprint to make a rough guess as
to what went wrong (scroll all the way to the end :-) )

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
What are the sections sections of?