RE: Word Import code

Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:03:00 +0100 (IST)

On 20-Aug-99 Sam Kho wrote:
>hi.
>
>i was looking at the abiword source code for Word Import.
>in particular, i was looking for how it opened docfiles. i
>can't seem to find that piece of code tho. could someone
>point me to it? which version of the source would have it?

the core word importation stuff is in the wv library
use
cvs co wv
to get that library out
the hook from abi into wv is in abiword at
abi/src/wp/impexp/xp
the files ie_imp_MsWord_97.{cpp|h}

the lines you are looking for are in ie_imp_MsWord_97.cpp at line
89

wvParseStruct ps;
wvInitParser(&ps,fp);

wvInitParser in the wv lib extracts the ole2 streams from the ole file
and sets up the parser to call the various callbacks on paragraph begin
etc etc events.

C.

>thanks!
>
> - sam -

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
Lowest common denominator