Re: Abiword (autosave needed?)

Kervin (kpierre@fit.edu)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:43:33 -0400

I feel your pain,

But in fairness you should note that this can happen with ANY word
processor. I once did an all-nighter (the night before the project was
due : ) creating pages of equations using microsoft equation editor,
only too open my document in the morning and find all my equations were
replaced by error icons. All the resizing, reconfiguring, pleading I
did could not bring them back.

Sure I could yell at microsoft for making buggy and/or hard-to-use
software (and they probably deserve it), but some of the fault is mine
for not doing the project in proper time.

But with that said, how hard would it be to add preliminary autosave
functionality to abiword?

I'm guessing it would just mean saving to an additional file at an
interval. The default directory would be the same as the original, a
reasonable default time interval could be chosen initially with the user
having an option to change it. Sorry I don't have code to back up the
idea.

Kervin