Re: BeOS support?

Subject: Re: BeOS support?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 14:19:32 CST

At 08:20 AM 12/2/99 -0500, Thomas Fletcher wrote:
> We've recently had a couple more BeOS developers jump up
>and offer their help with coding. Most notably Daniel Berlin
>who managed to quash a number of nasties and also implement the
>Zoom dialog.

John, Jim, and Jeremy,

I just wanted to make sure that everyone who's recently offered to help with
BeOS development knows about each other, so I've copied you all on this
message.

By all means, please feel free to use this mailing list to divide up the
remaining work. Bugzilla has an (incomplete) list of BeOS-specific bugs.
Daniel and Thomas have each sent their latest lists of things needing
attention. I don't have a Be box in front of me, but I expect that just
running the app will trigger a list of other possible projects to tackle.

It sounds like there's plenty of work to go around, so don't be shy. If
you're ready to get started, go for it. Grab something and make it work.
If you're not sure whether it's a BeOS-specific issue or something in XP
land, ask. If anyone knows, they'll speak up.

Paul

PS: If you're worried that you might be duplicating work that someone else
is also tackling, send a message to check right before you start. In the
Open Source world, a claim that someone is going to do something eventually
means a lot less than working code from someone else today.

PPS: If you notice something busted that you're *not* going to fix, be sure
to log it in Bugzilla so everyone knows about it.