Re: commit -- more FASTSQUIGGLE logic

Subject: Re: commit -- more FASTSQUIGGLE logic
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 10:37:09 CST

At 01:41 AM 12/8/99 -0800, Paul Rohr wrote:
>The FASTSQUIGGLE logic should behave *much* better now, as of this checkin.
>Please hammer away at this feature and let me know how it works for you.
>AFAIK, there's only one known problem remaining:
>
> When you insert or remove a paragraph break, the words immediately on
> either side of that point still don't get checked. This may in turn
> cause an occasional leak.

Yes, FASTSQUIGGLE is much better now. It took me a entire 1/2 hour to
crash it. Either I am losing my touch, or your check in was one hell of a
clean up.

Regardless, the problem was near a paragraph break, which of course should
be no surprise to either of us. Logged as #674. I only bring it up
because I got a couple different crashes similar to this, but had some
trouble tracking it down whether it was all different manifestations of the
same bug, or different bugs. As always, I am spread a bit too thin to bang
on this for an hour right now. If you have time to look at this, I can
slide in some more testing here before 0.7.7. If not, I will do more
isolation work post 0.7.7.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist