RE: Word importer oddities

Subject: RE: Word importer oddities
From: Caolan McNamara (Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 03:52:27 CST

On 13-Dec-99 Justin Bradford wrote:
>I believe that the PAP defaults are not being set. In wvInitPAP,
>everything is zeroed, although these are the defaults:
>
> fWidowControl 1
> fMultLineSpace 1
> dyaLine 240 twips
> lvl 9
>
>The init for CHP, SEP, TAP, etc. all set the wv struct when the Word
>documentation mentions specific defaults. I can change this, but I wanted
>to check with you, Caolan, to make sure there isn't a reason for the
>difference.
>
>Anyway, I believe this is causing the missing widow/orphan paragraph
>properties in AbiWord's importer.

Yep, thats it alright, it snuck pat me because LineSpace and dyaLine are
part of the LPSD substructure and that confused me initially into thinking
that the documentation was out of kilter, I have made that change and it
appears to be correct. The other related sprms appear to be working
correctly.

i.e. pap entries
fKeep matches to keep lines together in the word paragraph dialog
fKeepFollow follow matches to keep with next
fPageBreakBefore matches to page break before

I have committed this change so widows and orphans should be ok now.

>Also, I'm not getting any tab stops passed through. My guess is a problem
>with the relevant SPRM decoder(s). I'll look into that more, but if you
>have other thoughts on what's going wrong, let me know.

Looking at my tabstop assembly code I can see that I have implemented it
incorrectly, I have to merge the existing stops with the new ones to
either add and remove them, and I have flubbed this entirely. I will fix it
and commit this change later today, which by the power of timezones will
probably be before the time core abi wakes up.

C.

Real Life: Caolan McNamara * Doing: MSc in HCI
Work: Caolan.McNamara@ul.ie * Phone: +353-86-8790257
Destroy -nothing -the most important thing