RE: Word importer oddities

Subject: RE: Word importer oddities
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 14:16:19 CST

> I suspect there are still problems with the tab SPRMs.
> I'll dig around a bit.

Ok, there were still a couple of problems with the tab delete ranges and
when "rebuilding" the tab list (just an extra test, and switched || && in
some if statements).

I've committed the changes to wv and some minor things to the importer, so
now tabstops are mostly imported correctly. Robert's example tabstops.doc
displays correctly, for instance.

However, there are still a couple of problems that I don't yet understand.

1) I get two negative tabstops. You can see them out around -1 inches.
2) I don't get the very last tabstop.
3) I get 9 tabstops, while I should only get 8.

I pretty sure that these are all related, and my guess is that we're
seeing undocumented variations on the Word format. We're probably supposed
to subtract one from the add list, and start the array offset up one, or
something equally braindead.

I'll experiment with it more later.

Justin