Re: Splash screen

Subject: Re: Splash screen
sterwill@abisource.com
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 00:28:24 CST

Alan Young wrote:
> Hmmm... that works, but it doesn't open the file. I tried this command line
> abiword.exe -nosplash t2a.zabw. I also tried flipping the order of the
> arguments so the filename was before the switch. :(

That should work, but I haven't tested it on Windows, so maybe
someone else on the list can offer Win32 confirmation on how
the command line is actually being parsed.

> I did think of a workaround for the moment. I started a desktop switcher.
> Then I switched desktops and then started abiword on an alternate desktop.
> When abiword aborts, VC pops up on the primary desktop and I can then
> access the debugger. It's going down here of all places...?

It looks like the "this" pointer is probably NULL (or invalid).
You might try stepping back up a few frames to see if anything
obvious sticks out (like a UT_Vector pointer was allocated, then
memory was attached but the allocation was never verified, etc.).

--
Shaw Terwilliger