Re: Word importer bugs #684 and #634

Subject: Re: Word importer bugs #684 and #634
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 22:46:45 CST

At 07:57 PM 12/14/99 -0600, Justin Bradford wrote:
>Bug #884: AbiWord crashes if you try to open a second Word file
>
>I managed to identify a couple of places where wv would crash if called a
>second time (in wvConvert.c) and fixed those.
>
>However, AbiWord is still crashing when a second doc is opened. It
>appears to occur in AbiWord (not wv) when a document is being destroyed. I
>assume it is the result of something bad happening in wv still, but it's
>odd.

Yeah, something funky is going on here, but I'm not sure what either. For
example, with VC's debug heap turned on, I got the following warning when
opening a second document from a fresh CVS build:

HEAP[AbiWord.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block e10b10 modified at e15110 after it
was freed

Ick! When I ignored the assert, things continued to work, which is even
spookier. :-(

>If someone has the chance to look at it, I'd appreciate the help.

Again, I'm not sure what's going on here -- anybody running Purify or
BoundsChecker might get some better information -- but here's one place to
look: