commit -- prettier rulers

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 16:43:13 -0800

Add pica conversions.

M src/util/xp/ut_units.cpp

Added getGUIFont(), plus a Win32 implementation.

M src/wp/gr/unix/gr_UnixGraphics.cpp
M src/wp/gr/unix/gr_UnixGraphics.h
M src/wp/gr/win/gr_Win32Graphics.cpp
M src/wp/gr/win/gr_Win32Graphics.h
M src/wp/gr/xp/gr_Graphics.cpp
M src/wp/gr/xp/gr_Graphics.h
M src/xap/unix/xap_UnixPSGraphics.cpp
M src/xap/unix/xap_UnixPSGraphics.h

Draw prettier rulers.

M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_LeftRuler.cpp
M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_TopRuler.cpp

This was just a demo-friendly quickie while Jeff focuses on adding sprite
widgets so that rulers can actually *do* something.

1. The unit labels won't draw on GTK until getGUIFont() is implemented.

2. For now, the unit labels on the left ruler are drawn horizontally.
Presumably, they should be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise, but I
wasn't sure whether GTK has a relevant primitive for that or not.
If not, we can always do the square-pixel trick and rotate the glyphs
ourselves, but I'd rather avoid that if possible. Either way, it'll
mean tweaking the DG_Graphics classes a bit more.

3. There's code in there to draw rulers accurately (at 100% zoom) using any
of the following units -- in, cm, pi, pt -- but we currently don't
have any app-level options support to drive it.

4. As usual, a full rebuild will be needed.

Enjoy!

Paul