Re: your mail

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:49:25 -0600

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 03:18:32AM -0800, PQBON wrote:
> Your font tar/gzip doesn't have a font.dir file....
> Could you please fix this (AbiWord looks cool... I want to use it!)

It's fixed... the fonts.dir is in the source code, not
the tarball. This is so we can change aliasing and mapping
of fonts (for examples, Times New Roman is mapped to
NimbusRomanNo9 (or somesuch)) to be compatible with
common Windows fonts. By keeping it in the source
code, we can change it and not have to require the users
download a new tarball every time.

--
Shaw Terwilliger