Re: make error

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:26:03 +0100

Eric W. Sink wrote:
> Weird. It *does* look like something is getting munged.
> I don't see anything obvious wrong in sunos.mk. Is anyone
> else able to build the Solaris version currently?

Yes, but not cleanly. First, there is INSTALL variable in sunos.mk or
somewhere which needs to be set to /usr/ucb/install. Then you type make
and all modules get compiled. Then you see that little error.

> > make[4]: Entering directory `/home/jfb/apps/abi-0.3.3/src/wp/main/unix'
> > Building with [JavaScript:Off Debug:On].
> > UnixMain.cpp:
> > make[4]: *** No rule to make target
> > `../../../../dist/SunOS_5.7_sparc64_DBG/lib/onfig/ab.',
> > needed by `AbiWord'.

I tried to find the cause of error, but failed. However, the solution is
quite simple. After you see this error, find the Makefile which
generated it. (IIRC, that would be .../abi-0.3.3/src/wp/main/unix/Makefile)
There are two dependancies for the default target. The second is THE_LIBS,
which expands to all AbiWord's libraries. Comment it out. Type `make'
again. It will link now and produce usable binary.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.