Re: make error on Solaris 7

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:35:49 +0100

Jack Berkery wrote:

> This does indeed fix the make problem on Solaris 7 for abi-0.3.3.
> However, even though it makes all the way through I ended up with a core
> dump as follows.

I still have abi 0.3.2 built that way. It works and it never crashed, although
I don't use it much. Because I don't have a great need for text processor,
not because it's unusable. :-)

A friend of mine wanted to build 0.3.3 and we used the described method.
I asked him if it was working now and he said something like: "Um, oh, well,
it's not that it's not core dumping, but, um, I, well, I deleted it a
long time ago." I didn't try to build anything since 0.3.2. No time, I'm
trying to learn GTK magick.

> DEBUG: Using font path of /home/jfb/apps/abi-0.3.3/src/wp/lib/unix/fonts.
>
> DEBUG: File says 60 fonts should follow...
> DEBUG: Read 60 fonts from directory
> [/home/jfb/apps/abi-0.3.3/src/wp/lib/unix/f.
> DEBUG: Found Fonts:
> Can't open /usr/lib/ispell/american.hash

That would be Linux specific thing. And, as we all know, LINUX means
Linux Is Not UniX. So, you have two options:
1. Install that file where Abi expects it.
2. Disable the whole spell checking mess until it becomes configurable.

> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

Now you are supposed to jump into debugger and make a stack trace.

> next I decided to try building abi-0.3.4 on Solaris 7 and it fails on
> the following (and it doesn't help to change png.h to ut_png.h)

Do you have PNG lib and zlib installed? If you don't, install them.
And include files. And documentation. If include files are not in
/usr/local/include, I suppose gcc won't be able to find them, so
you'll have to set include path yourself.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.