Re: suggestions & observations

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 07:22:11 +0200

Kervin wrote:

> Or you can do like in windows;
>
> Typing "foo" (including the quotes) as a filname saves the file as foo,
> no extension.
>
> Typing foo, (without quotes) saves the file as foo.abw.
>
> I think it's intuitive and still gives the user a choice.

Yuck. I've never used Windows (which probably makes me qualified for judging
intuitive expectations of Unix users) and I would never guess that quotes
have some special meaning. Typing "foo" should save the file as "foo" or
"foo".something, depending whether I chose auto appending of extension
or not. This particular choice should be implemeted with checkbox, AFAIK.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.