Re: Problems building AbiWord on Solaris Intel

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 09:52:33 -0500

At 12:23 PM 7/7/99 +0100, Pete Young wrote:
>Unpacking these gives me /opt/abi-0.7.1 and /opt/expat
>
>When I try and build abi (having fixed the expat makefiles to look in
>/opt/abi-0.7.1 rather than ../abi for configuration files) I
>get the following output:

i thought i had fixed all of the ABI_ROOT problems in the makefiles,
so i'm curious what you needed to change in the expat makefile ??
you should be able to just cd to abi-0.7.1 and type make and it
will take care of building expat with the proper ABI_ROOT set.

>Pete@cornfed>make
>make[6]: Entering directory `/opt/expat/gennmtab'
>Building with [LicensedTrademarks:Off Debug:Off].
>gennmtab.c:
>Usage: as [options] file
>gennmtab.c:459: output pipe has been closed
>make[6]: *** [/opt/abi-0.7.1/src/SunOS_5.6_i86pc_OBJ/obj/gennmtab.o] Error 1
>

>I realise that this is an 'expat' problem rather than an AbiSource
>problem, but has anyone else had similar problems and managed to resolve
>them?

it's probably our problem since we're using the code, but
redid the makefiles to fit our needs. this looks like a
problem with the CC command line. could you cd to /opt/expat/gennmtab
and do a 'make ABI_ROOT=/opt/abi-0.7.1 -n' and see what it's
trying to do. [BTW, the various CC, AR, and etc variables are set
in abi/src/config/platforms/sunos.mk -- you may have to adjust them
for your system.]

hope this helps
jeff