Can't install or compile under Mandrake Linux 5.3

Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 00:52:11 -0400

Mandrake 5.3 is based on Red Hat 5.2, so I expected AbiWord would install from
the RPM. It didn't. It had some dependencies. So I tried updating the libs from
Red Hat 6.0 and they have dependencies and other things depend on the old ones.
So I downloaded the source and tried to compile. I got "glib not found". I have
glib, I just don't have glib-config, which I suppose would be in glib-devel,
but there is no such package. I didn't want to download the libs from
AbiSource, because they're 0.7.1, which is earlier than what I have. Now what?

phma