That does it (was: Re: different languages)

Luca Andreucci (andrew@andrew.org)
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:01:22 +0200

*************************************
Original message from: macolori@tin.it <macolori@tin.it>
>I wanna translate menus in italian for abiword, how I can to do?
>
>(reply at my e-mail 'cause I not subscribe the
>mailling list , already too much mails..)

That does it... :-)
Who's gonna to the dirty job? Shall we split it in parts?
I've already d/led the source code and I'm just starting the work, but I think we
should better try to cooperate before.

to Mauro: there is someone else on this list who offered to do the translation
before, apart from me I mean. I talked about this with Paul and he suggested
to take the topic on the list or in private.

I'll make that clearer still:

I have the source, I gave it a quick glance and I'm just ready to do the job.
I agree with Paul's opinion that this should be a straightforward one-person job,
and I'd add that this is _better_ done by one person only IMHO.
Still IMHO we should decide who's doing the job and let him work. Others could
revise the work once it's done.

These are the email addresses I collected that seem involved:

(forgive the lame definitions)

Mauro <macolori@tin.it> the latest man
Mek <mek@antenna.nl> the man with the swiss guy
Albert <onderste@caserma.net> the man who contacted me
Luca <andrew@andrew.org> that's me
Paul <paul@abisource.com> think he'd like to know

Please get in touch, on the list (including the first address, he's not on the list as
he clearly stated) or in private to the above addresses.

Else I'm doing a la Rasterman/Mandrake, "who checks in first wins" :-))))))

l8r,

--
Luca Andreucci <andrew@andrew.org>