Re: I would like to create On-Line HELP

Larry Kollar (kollar@stc.net)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:19:27 -0400

Man, have I gotten sloppy-lazy lately. I was hoping to have written
enough help by now to where y'all could say you had some. Blame it
on my day job. :-)

I *do* have a rough draft of an admin/setup guide ready (in Abi format),
with a couple of accompanying scripts. With the fixes in 0.7.3 (most
notably the ispell endian fix - yay!!!), it's suddenly a little dated
so I need to do some tweaking. Once that's done, I'll tar.gz them up
and send it to the list. (The script makes sure you have a default
AbiWord.Profile, and that Abi's fonts are in X's font path, then launches
Abi. Just a convenience, really.)

BTW, Fred Bacon and I (mostly Fred) are working toward including AbiWord
in the upcoming MkLinux 1.0 release. While I'm on this topic, I had some
trouble with "make distribution" -- I got it to finish w/o error, but
found no RPM or SRPM. Am I missing a crucial step?

Larry