Re: Opening RTF and DOC files

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 14:45:17 -0500

At 03:31 PM 7/15/99 -0400, Madel, Kurt wrote:
>Hello,
>
>What you are doing so far looks great. I am using Abiword 7.3 under Linux
>Mandrake 6.0, I sent a .rtf and .doc file that I save in Word 97 at work, to
>myself at home. But, when I try to open the .doc file, abiword says that it
>can't read it, and when I try and open the .rtf file it flashes on the
>screen for a half second and the abiword closes. Just wondering if anybody
>else has seen anything similar?

We have had problems with some documents in the past. The word import code
is being totally rewritten, so pursueing that doesn't make any sense. If
you could send the me .rtf file, however, I can check it out. If it is
work related, try to strip out as much as you can so that the application
still crashes yet the document is as vanilla as possible, and send it to
me.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist