aspell

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:16:37 -0500 (CDT)

With some of the problems using ispell lately, I was wondering if anyone
had evaluated aspell as a replace? I know it is supposed to be much better
than ispell at predicting replacements (roughly on par with Word, if not
a bit better).

Is it i18n and l10n problems?

Of course, I'm not even sure it solves the endian problems, but I know it
has several advantages, and was under the impression that ispell would be
"replaced" by aspell, eventually (as in no one continuing to work on
ispell).

Have I asked this before here? It seems like I remember asking this early
on...

Justin