Re: wv and abiword

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 19:34:27 -0500 (CDT)

> 4) in the abi subdir of wv i have put in a very simple abiword import
> filter which i have been using myself, it only extracts the text and
> implements the paragraph alignment tag.

I'll try to flesh out this filter a bit.

> 5) the wv interface to the filter was based sort of on the way the expat filter
> does things, except that you get a charData callback for each individual
> character in the word file, rather than efficient chunks, slowish i suppose but
> easy and stable for the moment.

This should just be a matter of making a character queue, and then when a
paragraph or character property changes, we call the callback with the
queue, right? I'll play around with that.

> Im after finishing it off in a bit of a blur, so a few baddies might have snuck
> in, im off to do something else in a hurry.

Ok, I want to finish the migration to the wvError/Warn/Trace calls, too. I
also had some compilation issues, which I'll patch tonight.

Someday, when I get around to thoroughly testing libole2, I'll migrate the
file I/O stuff to my wrapper functions. I'll email you my thoughts on
those a bit later.

Justin